Got Blog! [Post #641]

I'm real late to this awesome thread but if I am tagged, I shall show up! Sasy Scarborough had made this post Got Blog! and Pickle (my bestest friend ever) had poked me to participate, which I am grateful to be considered!~ You answer some thoughtfully crafted questions and ask your blogger friends to join in. I wasn't the only one Pickle tagged so I'll be looking at everyone elses!
When did you start your Second Life blog? I started in 2018 so I've been blogging for 6 years! It doesn't feel that long sometimes to be honest. Why did you start blogging in Secondlife? I started blogging because I was having a really fun time with photography and lighting effects. I loved making outfits I wished I could create in real life so it seemed like the perfect combination for a blog! Do you feel the blogging community in Second Life has changed since you started Blogging, and if so, in what ways? Definitely changed with a lot more focus on creators and art; I think it's been more of a shifted focus on creativity more than entertainment whereas I hear a lot of people just camping out on their platforms rather than exploring what Secondlife has to offer. (I am also guilty as charged) Do you think that Bloggers have a positive impact on SecondLife culture and community, and if so, do you have any stories about that? Of course I think that Bloggers have a positive impact through creative freedom and expression of emotion! Whether there are photos that connect with you or the other person, just like art we feel connected and seen through our work. Are you approchiable as a Blogger by content creators that may have interest in you as a Blogger for their Brand/Store? I'd like to say I'm very approchiable, I just... haven't been approached! I really would like to collaborate and work with others... just haven't gotten an invitation! I work towards those invites with every single post! Do you have any tips or tricks that help you with the Blogging process that you would like to share? Just straight up consistency and the motivation to continue learning with every post. I have tried to just become more proficient in lighting, showing items and Photoshop skills. I have also had to learn to back away more on the photography side and more on the fashion (showing clothing) side. Have you yourself ever benefited from another Bloggers post, such as learning a new skill for Blogging or Secondlife functions that you may not have known about? Always, I love to see how they format, credit and use lighting on photos! I love to see how other Bloggers make use of their favorite items! A few I look at often is Pickle, Melly Clarington, Innana Beauty and Pitnous Alter Do you Blog content that you yourself would wear/use always, or do you blog content that is expected of you to blog due to commitments to stores/events? Honestly, I do a little bit of both as I wouldn't Blog something I would not like, there are times I'll use something and forget to implement it again either out of forgetfullness or intentionally keeping it fresh. I try to give everything the same chance and make an outfit I love out of it!~ Do you feel that imposed time limits, and a set amount of content featured changes the way you blog content, and does it feel less authentically you? I used to feel differently about this, however through time the limits are quite helpful. I do hate myself when I start classes again because I've lost A LOT of sponsors due to my time constraints. On the other side, I totally understand the use of time limits and respect them!~ I do feel that sometimes this inhibits my creativity, but I've learned to make do with the time I have. Do you use Social Media, and/or other platforms outside of your Blog/Website to promote the content you have shared? I feel like Social Media is really important for pushing Blogs! I have a Facebook, Flickr and now Primfeed has become a very awesome and integral part of pushing Blogs out! I'd say find ones you like to use and use them often! The more, the better. Do you pay for any aspect of your blogging other than the clothing or items in your images such as Website Hosting or Photoshop, etc? I pay for Flickr and Primfeed however if I do see less of Flickr posts I'll be leaving soon afterwards. I used to pay for Wix however I did not like that they limited the amount of posts or GB you could use and wanted me to update to premium without warning.. never used them since. Do you think that Stores/Content Creators should have a Website/Blog for their brand? I think Stores should definitely incorporate Websites/Blog for their brand! So long as they are still welcome to other Bloggers, I think that would be an awesome way for the Creator to showcase what they may like in their Bloggers posts for the Brands without hurting any feelers. Do you have any suggestions for Content Creators/Stores to consider, when it comes to their Bloggers, and Bloggers that they may want to have Blog for them? Just open communication, very often I will hear about Creators giving no warning before getting rid of a Blogger; a lot of great Creators will let the Blogger know when they are dissatisfied. Again, just give people the benefit of the doubt! I have been a Blogger Manager before and totally understand when someone does not listen but there is a different from not listening and trying. Do you have any advice that you can give other Bloggers that may be new to the experience, or even advice/wisdom that you want to share with the Blogging community as a whole, new or old? Hold lots of patience and never loose your love for photography and clothing! Don't be afraid to try new things and always give people the benefit of the doubt! I feel like that pretty much sums up all of my wisdom!~ Do you have suggestions for which Blogging platforms to use, and why you choose it over others? Honestly all of them are great, I just suggest you try each one out and find what your most comfortable with and which one you can make your little home! I personally liked Wix until they wouldn't let me upload anymore so here I am on Blogger. What do you enjoy and are most passionate about when it comes to Blogging? What I enjoy most is the way I can focus on something unrelated to the fire called real life. I love being able to make connections through Blogging like making friends through collaborating! By the way, I think I'm going to make a bigger focus on asking people to collab with me next year! We will see how classes go tbh. Hair: .Olive. the Korine Hair Hat: B L A I S E x Ladybird. My Blvck Hat (Zodiac) Collar: [Cosmic Dust] - Heart Choker & Necklace Top: ZVI. Luna Top - Fatpack
Jeans: ...:::Beautiful Dirty Rich:::... Ava Jeans (Flare-High Rise)
Coffee: dust bunny . lunch break . coffee sling . Pose: Lyrium. Flora - Barely Breathing Poses P3&P4 Background: Up, Up and Away at LeLoo's World

Popular Posts